1 1/2 lbs potatoes
2 leeks, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced
3 fresh rosemary sprigs, crushed
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 1/4 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Grease a five cup shallow ovenproof dish.
– Scrub and thinly slice the potatoes, layer them with leeks and tomatoes in the dish, scattering some rosemary between the layers and ending with a layer of potatoes.
– Add the garlic to the stock, stir in the salt if needed and pepper to taste, then pour over the veggies.
– Brush the top layer of potatoes in olive oil.
– Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until the potatoes are tender and topping is golden and slightly crisp.