– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/3 cup brown sugar (I used light brown)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars at high speed.
- Add egg, vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 300° while you let dough rest 30-60 minutes in fridge.
- In a small bowl combine topping.
- Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press onto greased cookie sheet.
- Lather, rinse, repeat for the remaining dough
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, NO MORE. Cookies may seem undercooked but will develop.