– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup butter, cut up
– 1 (12 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature, beaten to make it fluffy
– 2 1/2 cups raspberry preserves
– 1 egg white, lightly beaten
– 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Stir together flour and salt; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Stir in cheese until blended.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Pat each ball on a lightly floured surface into a 2 1/2-inch circle.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon raspberry in center of each circle.
- Fold circles in half, pressing edges to seal making sure no air is inside.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Brush with egg white.
- Stir together 1/2 cup sugar,cinnamon and almonds; sprinkle evenly over crescents.
- Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.