– 4 cups sugar
– 1/4 cup butter
– 12 oz can evaporated milk
– 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (24-28 oz)
– 11.5 oz package milk chocolate chips
– 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (or 2 squares)
– 14 oz marshmallow creme
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 4 cups chopped nuts (optional)
Place sugar, butter and milk in a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil under medium heat. Boil for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
Place the chocolates, marshmallow, and vanilla in a large, heat-safe bowl or saucepan. Pour boiled mixture over remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into buttered 8X10 or 9X11 or 11×13 pan, depending on how thick you want the fudge. Allow to cool before cutting.
This makes a huge batch of thick, soft fudge. Not the dry, crusty kind. We usually have it left over for months, and are sick of it by New Year’s.