5 lbs rump roast (do not substitute for a different type roast)
2 cans (~28-30 oz) beef broth
1 package good seasons italian seasoning
1/2 – 1 jar sliced pepperoncini peppers (depending on level of spiciness desired)
1/2 – 1 jar giardiniera (a jarred pepper/veggie medley found in the pickle section of the grocery store)
3-5 sweet green peppers
1 loaf long thin French bread
– Cook first 5 ingredients in a Crockpot on LOW for 18 hours.
– Turn over at the 6th and 12th hour interval.
– At the 17th hour cut sweet green peppers into 1/8 ths lengthwise and cook in water on low heat until soft.
– Cut bread into 6 inch lengths and slice on the side lengthwise.
– Pull roast apart with a fork, and using tongs, pile bread with meat and juice. (Do not let juice drain before putting on bread. The juice is half the taste of the sandwich.)
– Lay strips of green pepper on top of the meat. Salt to taste.
– May be frozen when cooked.
For us, we skipped the green peppers, added sliced provolone to the sandwich and I added jarred roasted red peppers for myself. Very messy and good!