1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped bell peppers (red, yellow, or green)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, and finely chopped
1 (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (or one 10-oz can and 1 cup of chicken broth)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
2 cups milk
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp Worcestershire
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– Add the black beans, tomatoes, frozen corn, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper to a 4 quart slow-cooker; stir to combine.
– In a mixing bowl, add the enchilada sauce and cream soup, garlic, Worcestershire, salt and pepper; whisk together.
– Gradually whisk in the milk until mixture is smooth.
– Pour over vegetables in slow-cooker.
– Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours.
– Add cheese and stir until melted.
– Ladle hot soup into individual serving bowls and top with sour cream, guacamole and broken tortilla chips if desired.
I added a can of chunked chicken breast to the pot to give it some meat. I also added a small handful of jarred jalapeno slices (nacho style), and probably more cheese than the recipe called for. Calvin added a couple of spoonfuls of refried beans to his serving. We omitted the guacamole completely as it is EVIL.